Having worked in law firms for over eighteen years, I've experienced the time crunches that all busy attorneys live with on a daily basis: appointments with clients, the never ending return phone calls, document preparations, court appearances, court document return dates, accountings, reminders to clients and general meetings to keep your skills updated - just to name a few of your responsibilities!
Add to your already busy schedule all that's involved in the administrative aspect of running a law firm, including advertising for and training new employees. And then there's the new employee learning curve.
I have over eighteen years of experience in all aspects of Estate and Guardianship document preparation including, petitions, orders affidavits and reports. I have prepared and reviewed fiduciary accountings both judicial and informal, prepared initial, annual and final reports of guardians and prepared asset inventories. In estate matters, I have conducted research and prepared due diligence reports for kinship trials.
What I Do
In addition to my document preparation skills, I have experience with the following:
- Working with Court Examiners to review annual accountings; prepare testimonies, reports of examiners, proposed orders, notices and supporting documents; and follow up with court clerks and judges.
- Following up with Guardians and Trustees to ensure project completion.
- Meeting with attorneys/clients to gather information needed for document preparation and financial reviews.
- Filing papers in Surrogate's Court and Supreme Court in the five boroughs and Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County, including purchasing RJI and Index number
- Establishing working relationships with court clerks in all the counties.
- Preparing affidavits.
- Serving papers via mail or personal service.
- Meeting with elderly clients at home, on behalf of the attorney, to review and execute advanced directives, such as powers of attorney and health care proxies I have prepared
- Reviewing assets, analyzing financial portfolios, and calculating income and disbursements for preparation of accountings and asset inventories.
- Preparing and reviewing real estate contracts, including reviewing title reports and clearing title issues
- Attending real estate closings
Accounting and Fiduciary Services can assist you when you require an experienced helping hand immediately!